Thursday, June 15, 2017

Child marriage in the USA

New Hampshire Rep David Bates supports child marriage. His stated reason? Tradition.
New Jersey Sen Michael Doherty also supports it, his reasoning is to avoid teenagers having abortions.

Seems to me pretty despicable and short sighted to allow much less encourage this.
I think most of us get that but in case your like the Conservatives above who thinks its a good idea here are some reasons in hopes of reaching through to you.
  • Its immoral, I doubt that will reach those who are somehow for it in this day and age so moving on....
  • Forcing a girl to marry her rapist to avoid dealing with a criminal issue just encourages more violence against women.
  • It is essentially modern slavery and human trafficking.  You do believe in Justice right?
  • This increases child poverty and divorce rates. Even if you as a conservative dont care about the damage to these girls I appeal to your greed and point out that this costs taxpayers with increased health care and costs of dealing with legal issues.Promoting violence costs everyone.
  • Some argue that if the girl is not forced to marry she will get an abortion.  Ever hear of adoption? 
  • What kind of husband an father do you think a rapist would make?  Ok, I know appealing to a conservatives sense of morality or right an wrong is a wasted prayer but God tells us not to give up.  And when the conservatives put Jesus on the cross he forgave them, trouble is I am not as good a man as Jesus was so I find it hard to forgive such evil.
Policies like these are why so many progressives and liberals are disgusted with and hate conservatives.

PS: Those who object to my calling those who crucified Jesus conservatives I advise you to read your bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment