- Adelphin "Adel" Jean-Baptiste (Laurie) Domains (Death and Magic), child of Werethekau and Baron Samedi. Machiavellian meddler. Power unto herself. Adelphin can kill with a glance, manipulate magic as if she were born to it (she was), and doesn't seem to be able to actually die. Tagline: "I'm not the devil, but betray me and I will show you hell".
- Cosmos aka Management (Ally), an unusual cat that is her hotel manager.
- Rui Qui (Ally) Theogenic demigod, hacker, magician, swordmaster.
Siv (NPC) Child of Odin, handed to Adelphin for protection. Being trained by Rui. Cora (NPC) Daughter of Auriol, being trained by Rui
- Liam O'Shea (Randy) Domain (Strength) and child of Dagda. A huge, powerful, and deadly warrior. A druid and generally a likeable guy. Taught the old ways but is comfortable with the modern. He's traveled much of the world and is looking to see even more. Tagline: "I told you I wouldn't fit."
- Iphicles aka "The Goodest Boy": Rescue dog from Tarterous.
- Mitzidu Ito (Rory) Domains (Business, Hearth/kitchen, War), child of Inari and Kojin. The teams business guru, event planner and cook; also magician and samurai. Taglines: "Life never tasted this good before!" and "The Hearth is the heart of the home, but food is the soul of a community"
- Suveer Patel (Christian) Domain (Clearing Obstructions), child of Ganesh. Martial artist and student of a thousand styles, Suveer is one of the teams upfront fighters with fists or his gauda (mace). He can get past any obstacle put before him. Tagline: "You are in front of me and no obstacle can stop me. Find a better place to be."
- August Brody aka "Auggie", (Chris D.) Domains (Death, Hunting, Cats, Winter), Apotheosized mortal of Frau Holle and Pakhet. A kneebreaker that found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tagline: " The right man in the right place can make all the difference... in the world"
Chad (NPC), child of Cupid, Zen like hippy archer Auriol (NPC), Delphic Oracle.
Since the group is traveling to unknown worlds they should prepare for a variety of situations. Mitzadu draws on his experience in the Australian outback and hiking through pre-industrial China and Siberia to put together what he hopes is a solid survival kit. Also buys some gems and jewelry in case money isn't accepted or uses a different currency. He includes some survival handbooks on his phone and physical copies, As each team has their own pocket dimension they can pack more than most travelers, a good edge to have.
Overall the group should be able to survive in any terrestrial environment, at least for a time. We have a Druid, at least two people with Survival, two with Urban Survival, three powerful magic wielders, a dog, cat, excellent combat skills, several languages, and divine abilities such as turning into a fox, creating food and beverage, hunting, and many more. Heck Auggie could even pick up a local unknown language by killing a native!
Step 1: Find the other piece to the Locus, a powerful seeking item. We get to keep this if we finish the mission, Adelphin is holding t and seems to be the one intending to keep it.
Step 2: Find the missing pieces of the key to the outer realms and return them to the library for safekeeping.
First Stop, the Plane of Cats!
After making preparations the group heads to the Library to begin it's mission. Liam used his divination stone, he's now named it "53" and told the head librarian we need to seek the cats. She takes us to a portal and we jump to a dimension where a bunch of cats greet us and start talking to Auggie.
We had to end the session early, a player was tired from holiday work.
We may very well have short sessions until after the holidays, so hopefully in January well be back to a more regular schedule. I am looking forward to us using abilities and skills we normally do not get much use out of. Were normally in Los Vegas and if not fighting, at least interacting with others in a more traditional and civilized fashion. This mission might let Liam use his druid abilities, and the group practice some survival and traveling stuff.