- Adelphin "Adel" Jean-Baptiste (Laurie) Domains (Death and Magic), child of Werethekau and Baron Samedi. Machiavellian meddler. Power unto herself. Adelphin can kill with a glance, manipulate magic as if she were born to it (she was), and doesn't seem to be able to actually die. Tagline: "I'm not the devil, but betray me and I will show you hell".
- Cosmos aka Management (Ally), an unusual cat that is her hotel manager.
- Rui Qui (Ally) Theogenic demigod, hacker, magician, swordmaster.
- Siv (NPC) Child of Odin, handed to Adelphin for protection. Being trained by Rui.
- Cora (NPC) Daughter of Auriol, being trained by Rui
- Liam O'Shea (Randy) Domain (Strength) and child of Dagda. A huge, powerful, and deadly warrior. A druid and generally a likeable guy. Taught the old ways but is comfortable with the modern. He's traveled much of the world and is looking to see even more. Tagline: "I told you I wouldn't fit."
- Mitzidu Ito (Rory) Domains (Business, Hearth/kitchen), child of Inari and Kojin. The teams business guru, event planner and cook; also magician and samurai. Taglines: "Life never tasted this good before!" and "The Hearth is the heart of the home, but food is the soul of a community"
- Suveer Patel (Christian) Domain (Clearing Obstructions), child of Ganesh. Martial artist and student of a thousand styles, Suveer is one of the teams upfront fighters with fists or his gauda (mace). He can get past any obstacle put before him. Tagline: "You are in front of me and no obstacle can stop me. Find a better place to be."
- August Brody aka "Auggie", (Chris D.) Domains (Death, Hunting, Cats, Winter), Apotheosised mortal of Frau Holle and Pakhet. A kneebreaker that found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tagline: " The right man in the right place can make all the difference... in the world"
- Chad (NPC), child of Cupid
- Auriol (NPC)
A Special Invitation
The team received sealed letters that when opened revealed magical writing that appeared before their eyes. The letters arrived in a different manner for everyone, basically appearing by themselves.
This was an invitation to the Library which is an extradimensional place and organization that strives to accumulate all knowledge. Members and sponsored guests may access some of this knowledge. The existence of the Library is largely unknown, even to the supernatural community but Adelphin and Mitzadu had heard something about it.
The Library is a construct that exists in multiple campaigns by our GM and a player character in the Ceteri campaign is a low level member.
Mitzadu went to the library on his own, thinking it was a private invitation - possibly due to his recent studies and that he actually has Literature (Occult). He was very excited to get such a prestigious invitation!
Everyone else arrived by limo as a group, dampening Mitzadu's excitement a bit when they showed up. I mean, the bum (Auggie) got an invite too?
This was all the PC's, none of the dependents or Allies except Riu were included.
After cooling their heals in the anteroom for awhile the local head librarian escorted them to a conference room. The library is huge and took a special elevator to reach the room that seemed to travel quite some distance.
The group was offered a job but had to sign an NDA before finding out the details, Mitzadu read the contract and signed right away. Adelphin and Auggie, apparently less impressed by the Library and the honor -nor intrigued by the idea of the mission and chance to find out something new argued for "terms" before they would sign up. The rest of the group held off until they appeared ready to sign.
Once that was out of the way the group was told that a key to unlock a gate to let in Things Man Was Not Meant To Know had been loosed upon a world and the Library wanted it confiscated before it could be used again. The group accepted the mission and the session ended with us preparing to go to another world to retrieve a divination item called the "Eye" and then to try and find they key. The Eye we could keep but the key had to be turned in and the Library would owe us a favor to be called in later.
Mitzadu is considering membership, partly why he was so eager to go along rather than risk annoying the head librarian.
Failure to retrieve the key could result in disaster for their world and apparently this group has the right mix of skills and abilities to get the job done, at least according to the diviners. Success may also have an impact on the teams chances of surviving the harrowing.