- Adelphin "Adel" Jean-Baptiste (Laurie) Domains (Death and Magic), child of Werethekau and Baron Samedi. Machiavellian meddler. Power unto herself. Adelphin can kill with a glance, manipulate magic as if she were born to it (she was), and doesn't seem to be able to actually die. Tagline: "I'm not the devil, but betray me and I will show you hell".
- Siv (NPC) Child of Odin, handed to Adelphin for protection.
- Cosmos aka Management (Ally), an unusual cat that is her hotel manager.
- Rui Qui (Ally) Theogenic demigod, hacker, magician.
- Liam O'Shea (Randy) Domain (Strength) and child of Dagda. A huge, powerful, and deadly warrior. A druid and generally a likeable guy. Taught the old ways but is comfortable with the modern. He's traveled much of the world and is looking to see even more. Tagline: "I told you I wouldn't fit."
- Mitzidu Ito (Rory) Domains (Business, Hearth/kitchen), child of Inari and Kojin. The teams business guru, event planner and entertainer. Taglines: "Life never tasted this good before!" and "The Hearth is the heart of the home, but food is the soul of a community"
- Suveer Patel (Christian) Domain (Clearing Obstructions), child of Ganesh. Martial artist and student of a thousand styles, Suveer is one of the teams upfront fighters with fists or his gauda (mace). He can get past any obstacle put before him. Tagline: "You are in front of me and no obstacle can stop me. Find a better place to be."
- Yannis Papadopoulos aka The Courier (Chris D.) Domains (Communication, Secrets, Rainbows), child of Harpocrates and Arke. Team sneaker and postman. If you see him, its already too late, your package has been delivered. Tagline: "The thirty minutes or less policy is for those that like to live dangerously."
- Chad (NPC), child of Cupid
- Auriol (NPC)
The group is all back in the war room after a 4 hour rest and cleanup/bandaging from the motel scene.
The plan is to go to to Hades to get the third piece of the sword. Mitzadu asks Auriol why she hasnt given them the piece she has since that was the deal for rescuing her daughter. He would like to get that piece as far away as posible before going after the next one. Auriol says she will give it to us if we get the last piece out of Tartarus and if we dont give it to Poseidon as a bargaining chip to leave her alone. Mitzadu and Adelphin both object to that with Adelphin saying shell simply kill her and bring her back as a zombie before letting that happen. Auriol is a bit taken aback and rethinks her situation.
Mitzadu tells the group of his plan to give each piece to a separate pantheon so no one can have the completed sword. Also that Hades didnt object to the idea. However a powerful offscreen voice informs the party that all the pantheons would be afraid to get involved so the plan wont work. The voice then proclaims they cant decide what to do with the swords now as they have to hurry to Tarterous.
Yannis is still extremely unhappy about participating in this venture and refuses to go with the group but will open the portal.
The rest opt to go, with Auriol leading the way as she knows its location. We portal into Hades by the river Styx and wait for the ferryman. Mitzadu asks for the toll and Adelphin forks over some jewelry, then all pile in with Liam a little surprised the boat does not overturn or sink.
We are carried quickly to the gates of Tarterous which are wide open. Almost like someone wants us to succeed and quickly be on our way...
The group wanders a short distance and up a huge hill surrounded by trees with people hanging from them.
As the group gets near the top they see a huge alter with 8 twelve foot tall cyclops guarding it. Plans are quickly made and its decided to have Adelphin and Rui rush the alter to check out the sword in its middle and any protections that need to be countered. Liam and Suveer flank their left, Mitzadu and Chad flank right, and Auriol brings up the middle between them.
Liam summons his godly strength and tries to chop one ion half but his blow is deflected. Suveer leaps to his aid, the giant misses Liam and together the two quickly fell him by first breaking his pelvis with a power that reflects his blows off Liam's new shield then chopping off an arm before mercifully killing him.
Chad tries to place an arrow in a cyclops eye but the arrow is slapped away with a might axe. Mitzadu swings twice at the torso (Rapid Strike and Deceptive Attack) but does little damage, holding one attack back for a counterattack. Auriol tosses a bolt of darkness at it but misses. Mitzadu uses his remaining attack to hurt it some more.
The cyclops swings at Chad who dances back out of the way (thanks to a Tactics reroll). Mitzadu then sees another cyclops run up to Auriol and charges it and this time opts for a strike to its large single eye. He hits both times, killing it instantly.
Chad shoots the cyclops they were fighting in the eye, blinding it.
Liam picks up Suveer and throws him at a cyclops that is a bit behind the others in the first wave and Suveer kills it with the force of the move and his sharp sword.
Meanwhile at the front of the line Rui protects them both with a wall of swords and Adelphin uses her death gaze.
Chad hits the cyclops again before its finished off by Suveer.
Rui figures out the sword is a fake!
Auriol quickly (perhaps too quickly?) protests she didnt know.
A Cry From on High
As the group gathers to leave and takes a final look around Liam notices a dog hanging from a tree and Mitzadu hears a voice in Russian saying "Save the dog". As Liam is already doing that, Mitzadu asks the man why hes here and if he saw what happened to the sword. He mumbles something about wishing to see his wife and daughter one last time. Mitzadu finally recognizes his old teacher and friend Koschei the Deathless and goes to cut him down. As a godling he shouldnt be here, especially in mortal form. The man doesnt recognize him and keeps mumbling and Mitzadu assure him he will take him to them. Adelphin comes down from the alter and recognizes her adopted father.
She casts Sense Sin on the dog who appears as pure as the driven snow and they all opt to leave.
As they leave the gates Adelphin leaves some jewelry, Suveer a sandwich, and Mitzadu that special Italian sandwich he knows is Hades favorite.
The group summons the ferryman and quickly depart. A tip is discussed and Mitzadu makes a delicacy from his magical rice grinder for Charon who is inordinately pleased. Rui has meanwhile collected a gallon of water from the river (careful not to touch it) and Adelphin offers a bracelet to the river in return - it throws it back somewhat changed.Charon gives them both a handshake
Mitzadu treats and feeds Koschei and once he is sure he is stable sends a magical message to his wife - Baba Yaga.
She replies she will be there immediately and Mitzadu, not wanting an angry Baba Yaga scaring the guests (or worse) as she tries to find her lost husband goes out front to meet her. She shows up in her chicken hut but its magically covered with a "You dont really see this" spell so no trouble there. Shes furious, demanding to see him and Mitzadu escorts her along with Adelphin.
Words exchanged, people and dogs treated, and threats made before things settle down. Auriol fearfully asks if that was really her - likely really rethinking that strategy of pissing off Adelphin by giving the piece to Poseidon.
Surprisingly quick fight scene, the GM said he needs to toughen them up. The players were just happy at not dealing with automatic weapons!
The group, or at least Mitzadu needs to see the Oracle and all figure out a next move.
Who has the third piece? Did Poseidon get it early to keep Zeus from stopping him after he had the other pieces? Did Zeus grab it to keep Poseidon from getting it? Or was it yet another new party altogether?
If the group gets a piece how can they destroy it or otherwise keep it out of the Olympian hands? Should they? The thought crosses Mitzadus mind to let Poseidon get the pieces and let the Olympians have their own civil war.
Post a Comment