- Adelphin "Adel" Jean-Baptiste (Laurie) Domains (Death and Magic), child of Werethekau and Baron Samedi. Machiavellian meddler. Power unto herself. Adelphin can kill with a glance, manipulate magic as if she were born to it (she was), and doesn't seem to be able to actually die. Tagline: "I'm not the devil, but betray me and I will show you hell".
- Cosmos aka Management (Ally), an unusual cat that is her hotel manager.
- Rui Qui (Ally) Theogenic demigod, hacker, magician, swordmaster.
- Siv (NPC) Child of Odin, handed to Adelphin for protection. Being trained by Rui.
- Cora (NPC) Daughter of Auriol, being trained by Rui
- Liam O'Shea (Randy) Domain (Strength) and child of Dagda. A huge, powerful, and deadly warrior. A druid and generally a likeable guy. Taught the old ways but is comfortable with the modern. He's traveled much of the world and is looking to see even more. Tagline: "I told you I wouldn't fit."
- Mitzidu Ito (Rory) Domains (Business, Hearth/kitchen), child of Inari and Kojin. The teams business guru, event planner and cook; also magician and samurai. Taglines: "Life never tasted this good before!" and "The Hearth is the heart of the home, but food is the soul of a community"
- Suveer Patel (Christian) Domain (Clearing Obstructions), child of Ganesh. Martial artist and student of a thousand styles, Suveer is one of the teams upfront fighters with fists or his gauda (mace). He can get past any obstacle put before him. Tagline: "You are in front of me and no obstacle can stop me. Find a better place to be."
- August Brody aka "Auggie", (Chris D.) Domains (Death, Hunting, Cats, Winter), Apotheosised mortal of Frau Holle and Pakhet. A kneebreaker that found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tagline: " The right man in the right place can make all the difference... in the world"
- Chad (NPC), child of Cupid
- Auriol (NPC)
Prelude and Loose Ends
We came back from a mid season break of 6 months. It was pretty quiet during that time and the members trained and did various background activities.
- Liam got a job at a local BBQ place. The dog "Good Boy" is still with him and healed up nicely.
- Rui trained most of the team to increase their blade skills and the team did various sparring and combat training overall.
- Mitzadu boned up on his magic and studied lore on relics, preparing to turn the eye trophy he got from Zatgats into a relic. As part of this training he learned how to channel aetheric power into his blade, temporarily turning it into a flaming sword.
- The Olympians have called off the heat on the group and though there is some bad blood, officially they would prefer to keep it all as an internal matter and are embarrassed about being fooled by one of their own. Zeus did find and free Poseidon and since he awarded two of the group (Mitzadu got an eye and Bab Yaga got an arm) as payment for Zagreus misdealing's the group is at least officially safe from retribution. Some might hold a grudge at losing so many of their elite special operatives, but its likely Ares, Hades, and Poseidon all are ok with the end result. Mitzadu got a minor Divine Rank buff (0.25 level) from his known actions, though it was a team effort (and maybe others got a bump too, depending on if they wanted to spend exp) in the matter. Likely most consider him pretty stupid for challenging a god and directly talking to several of the Olympians and declaring his intent, there is no doubt it took guts and honor and that counts for something in the community.
- Yannis left the team and was replaced by August who was introduced this episode. He was recently apothezied and is confused with the voices from the two godlings in his head who died fighting each other. The team took him in and is helping him learn to cope and get trained.
Mitzadu (this is really his blog, and my character) found out that the FBI was really ticked about him revealing some of the info on the terrorists and fundraising for the local PD. Apparently they think his insider information might be because he was involved with the terrorists, though they never asked him any questions. Since he was unable to use his social skills and advantages to try and defuse the situation he is preparing for possible fallout. His consulting company has hired extra staff to prepare for subpoenas and audits (The IRS was asked to get involved, which is how he found out what was happening). Also going over all his accounts and clients to make sure everything is on the up and up and nothing illegal slipped in, including clients. He has also prepared a few speeches and made sure his congressional and presidential donations are current and substantial to help with a publicity campaign if needed. The general thrust is planned for
- "These feds are upset at local police getting help to do the job the FBI, ATF, cant or wont do to protect Los Vegas -its people and its business community." That plan is to get local govt and police support, already in good standing due to his local philanthropy, donations, and networking. he will also point out that after the local anti-terrorism task force and SWAT were upgraded we haven't seen anymore attacks.
- "Instead of trying to capture the terrorists, they want to go after the victims" This campaign would be to garner popular support and includes targeting conspiracy theorists and anti-govt types who don't trust big government to make the investigation a political hot potato.
- He is not planning on playing the race card, but might backdoor the idea that first they imprisoned him as a child during WW II in a Japanese interment camp for things obviously beyond his control and now they are trying it again. Another political mess, unless they find solid real evidence to support the investigation and harassment. Right now all he thinks they have is knowing about the attempted bombing of the local FBI building which did not make the news and knowing the names and general method of operation of the attacks on his home and other locals. Information that could have been leaked from an agent, seen by a witness, or from one of the surviving victims. Since they never asked they have no way of knowing, and he could assert attorney client privilege or say it was anonymous tips. He is one of the best high priced lawyers in the county, after all.
Nothing has been heard of from Hachiman in response to killing his son in the duel, not sure if that will happen or not - the GM warned their would be consequences for winning that fight (better than dying though).
That pretty much sums up the episode, it was mostly catch-up and everyone declaring what they were doing during the break.