Amar Gupta aka The Iron Sikh (played by Christian): Brick. Taxi Driver. Ass-Kicker. Sikh. Tagline: “Being a man of faith means to live it.”
- Amie-Belle T. W. Lee aka Whisper (Played by Curtis): TBA. Tagline: “TBA.
- Beauregard K. “Bo” Ratnam aka Wirerat (Played by Brice): TBA. Tagline: “TBA.
- Rafe Hanlon aka Nyx (played by Chris D.): An umbrakinetic and a petty thief out of prison on work release. Tagline: “Not for glory, not for fame…. For one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see.”
- Vincenzo L. dePrezzo aka Threshold (Played by Rory): TBA. Tagline: “I’ll be there in a snap!”
- Derrick K. Ratnam aka Ledgerdemain (NPC Ally): Spin doctor and media liaison for Project VANGUARD. Twin to Bo. Tagline: “Well, actually that’s not how it happened…”
- Jodie R. Swann aka Surferboy (NPC): Dude. Aero- and Hydrokinetic. Really laid back, but wants to make a difference. Has a advanced glider/drone he rides on. Tagline: “Like. Let’s just chill, dude.”
- Stainless Steel Rat aka “Sir” (NPC Ally): AI in a robot body shaped like a large rat. Surprisingly capable and provides telepresence for Wirerat. Tagline: “[whir-click-beep].”
- Tierney M. Ward aka Rush (NPC): Speedster and former member of the Bullet Hell Brigade. Tagline: “Was that fast? I thought that was fast.”
- Zubayr Sajjad Marou aka Five Stars (NPC): Driver. Pilot. Klubbe gig worker.. From N’Djamena, Chad. Used to go by Darryl Bell to sound more American. Tagline: “I can get you there in time.”
The team is requested to go to Germany and investigate some mysterious happenings at a private castle. Locals have been disappearing and the leads go to a castle bought a few years ago by a private individual.
Project Vanguard is a govt sponsored team operated by NYC with private backers. Its to protect the local area and also earn political capital doing jobs for others including foreign countries.
We arrive by plane in a nearby field and go investigate. The castle has a lot of security, including military equipped guards, concealed high end cameras, and two ariel drones with autocannons.
We scout it over then our stealthiest member Nyx blows our cover by trying to sneak inside using Shadow Form. Normally a solid move but the enemy had a darkness manipulator of their own who spotted him. The guards immediately respond and stream out of the building.
Nyx got redirected and is in the interior courtyard surrounded by Mastermind (Telepath) and Nox (Darkness Manipulator) and several guards.
Whisper heads towards the entrance and shrugs off the incoming fire.
The Rat was dropped by Nyx inside and makes it to the computer room to begin hacking.
Surferboy follows Whisper.
Threshold ports to the top of the nearest tower for a better view and shortens the distance to the ground so Whisper can climb faster,
Nyx fights off a telepathic assault and disarms a dozen or so bad guys with his shadow whips.
Whisper takes out the two guards on the tower.
Nyx takes several turns fighting off the bad guys around him and turns Nox to his side who the flies off and dissolves a bunch outside. Vandal a brick jumps onto the tower and fights Whisper, Threshold tries to Bind him but he breaks free so then he ports to another tower and uses his obliteration beam to wound him. He is taken out by Whisper who finds it a tad easier after his armor has been dissolved.
.Nyx takes out the telepath and Threshold finally spots him but he insists he needs no help fighting the remaining security so Threshold pops around for stragglers.
We find out they were doing some human experimentation and gather a lot of evidence despite them trying to destroy the computers and equipment. SSR had already hacked and copied the computer data.
The team checks the place out while waiting for backup and finds a boat dock in an underwater cave that clearly shows someone had escaped.
Threshold sticks around to examine things and the rest fly back home.
Nyx is the teams senior member, being from a previous version of the team and took out most of the bad guys. Wirerat took out the automated security and secured the data. Whisper did some solid fighting and took out the opposing brick. Threshold primarily did recon but also some coordination while contributing to the combat.
This was a fun game and the team coordinated rather well for a first session. We had no leader but Threshold was appointed the role after the game. This is a high powered Supers campaign (1600 CP to start) and improvised powers are encouraged so we should see a lot of variety. I have already listed a bunch of improvised abilities so that I can avoid the math during the game and just need to make die rolls and pay the FP or Karma Points.