Thursday, June 22, 2017

My review of Pyramit 3/104 Dungeon Fantasy Role Playing Game

Pyramid #3/104 Dungeon Fantasy Role Playing Game came out today.
Lucky for me I get complementary copies for this year so I was able to enjoy it.
One of the articles is It's a Quest by Christopher Rice.
I did not expect to like it all that much but if anything life has taught me to look deeper than the surface or title.  The first part addresses the Sandbox GM and the Railroad GM and is the most useful part I think.
It points out the vulnerability of Sandboxing in that you need at least 1 active player per 5 players.  Not sure I agree with that number or that you also need at least one passive player but the point is a valid one.  Without an active player this style of gaming will fail.  It goes on to talk about ways to get players engaged and work with their motivations.

The rest of the issue is good as always and I love the solo adventure.  Takes me back to the days of the Death test series.

1 comment: