Casting: Tiger Team!
- Jian Wu (Two) (Christian) 16M; Our smith and all around craftsman, carries a huge sword and Master of Dragon Man Kung Fu.
- Jiao Ting (Eight) (Chris D) 16M; Reckless grappler; Black Palm
- Liang Jing Min (Five) (Randy) 16M; Noble, on the outs with family; Chinese Spear Fighting.
- Nongmin Chushi (Seven) (Rory) 16M; He talks to spirits, inquisitive and charming perhaps a wee bit too friendly to strangers. Shaman, Eagle Fist Chin Na!, Quarterstaff. Also Talker!, Artiste!, and Outdoorsman!
- Shang Yi (One) (Calvin) 16M; Natural leader and archer. Shedao
- Zhiyu Zhige (Nine) (Laurie) 16F; Sorcerer specializing in healing. Transcendent beauty and possibly descended from a fox spirit. Eagle Fist Chin Na.
- He Bohi (Eleven) 16M; Twin, grew up near the docks. Eagle Fist Chin Na, focused on striking.
- He Donghai (Twelve) 16M;, Twin, Eagle Fist Chin Na, focused on grappling.
- Ko Lanfen (Four) 16F; Solid Order devotee. Tai Chi Chuan,
- Laoshu (Three aka Mouse) 17F; Quiet and deadly with a knife. Dagger Fighting
- Meiyou Ren (Six) 16M; Affectionately called the party blending machine and close to Zhige.
- Rang Baozhai (Ten) 17F; Our bookworm and nerd. Eagle Fist Chin Na and Xiangliu's Bite (Crossbow).
To Hell and Back!
So having rested up and gathered some materials to help us we head back to the cave entrance. The shadow prince has had his troops remove the rubble and are waiting for us. Shang Yi's player is absent so we have him anchor the portal on this side and the rest of us head in. Once we cross we see the portal as a gaping tear in the air and surrounded by a bunch of bones with runes on them. Our three experts on Occultism and Hidden Lore (Demons) (Rang, Chushi, and Zhige) compare notes and declare that we have to find a missing skull to complete the pattern before we can destroy it. We see a stairway down and follow it to a lava filled cavern with 7 spine demons. We quickly finish them off, Wu taking out three by himself, Ren another, and the rest ganged up on by several of the rest of us. We then search the area and find 17 sarcophagi which Chushi and Zhige open up to look inside. Wu and Jing Min watch over Chushi as he opens his with his spirit powers and he discovers a glowing spear that crackles with lightning and looks like its made of clouds. He picks it up and it screams silently into his head "You are not Worthy!" Chushi politely points out to it that its rather rude and aks if it would prefer to be put back in the coffin and left or taken to the real world to find someone who is worthy. It grudgingly admits assent and he hands it to Jing Min who is staring at it and asks if its magical*. While Jing Min stares lovingly at it the spear tells him "Meh, you'll do" Chushi checks out the rest and before picking each up politely tells them that he is not trying to possess them but to rescue them and take them back to earth if they want. This seems to be received well and he gets nor more headaches or quick judgements as he gathers the powerful shenshou (spirit artifacts) and he wraps them in Wus cloak to carry them back. Zhige and Ren discovered a fancy sword sheath in their sarcophagus and headed back to join the rest of the group. On the way she comes across a big door with an illusionary mural tellin the tail of the17 fallen warriors - she takes notes.
As we enter the last room we see a sword stuck in a skull floating in the air. Zhige immediately has Ren pull the sword and runs it back to the sarcophagus she found which had a skeleton with a missing head and as its placed the cavern starts to fall apart and we run to the top. Sure enough, the skull joining the rest and the tear is closing. We all run back home, carrying a kingdoms ransom hidden in a huge cloak.
* To be fair the GM hadn't described it yet, but too good a moment to pass up recording it.
The Heroes Return
We leave the cave and advise the Prince the portal has been closed but that their is dangerous spirit eating moss all over and he decides to bury it again. He eyes a distracted Jing Min (still entranced by that spear -sheesh get a room!) and we promise to get with him later but that we need to take some of what we found back to the order for study. On our return our new trainer seems impressed with our success and treasure, though declines to try and take it from us. Its generally a bad idea to try and confiscate spirit artifacts as they prefer to do their own choosing.
The Shenshou gathered were a plot device that several had been saving up points for as we prepare for the end of our training period. Chushi as a shaman with Medium and Spirit Empathy can sense their feelings, even i they are not sapient and will help them find someone hey deem worthy. Not sure what or how he will do that with the ones not going to the characters but looking forward to finding out. Possibly the Order will send someone to collect any not immediately disbursed.